1. Pick up your Shih Tzu, holding him close to your body (this prevent stings to at least a partial area of his own body).
2. If possible, cover his body
with your shirt, jacket, etc. Also, if possible, pull up your shirt to cover your face (except for your eyes
, of course). Bee can sting through clothing, but this does help to some degree.
3. Your goal is to seek shelter,
while being prepared that some insects may follow you inside.
4. Keep in mind that a bee can fly 12+ miles an hour, so you cannot run faster than them. However, most attacks are territorial and many bees, wasps, hornets, etc. will give up chase after about 50 yards. Very aggressive bees can give chase up to 100 yards and Africanized honey bees may not give up for a mile.
5. You want to run in a straight line
and if possible, run into the wind as this can slow them down.